1. What is FINEXUS Prepaid Card (the Card)?
The FINEXUS Prepaid Card can be issued with Visa or Mastercard branding. These cards act as cashless payment instruments that allow you to purchase goods and services at all VISA/Mastercard accepting merchants WORLDWIDE. This Prepaid Card also allows cash withdrawal at any of the Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) that display the VISA, PLUS and/or Mastercard logo.
This Card comes with the Visa payWave or Mastercard paypass feature; it can be used at any contactless accepted merchants. The contactless limit is up to RM250.00. This RM250.00 limit however is subject to change from time to time.
Funds must be loaded into your Card Account prior to usage. You may only use the Card according to available funds preloaded into your Card Account. No credit check or opening of a bank account is necessary for this Card. It will not be linked to any bank account, as it is a stand-alone Card Account.
2. What is a Card Account?
A Card Account is a virtual account created after the Card is activated. All preloaded funds will be kept in this account. Kindly ensure that this account is preloaded with sufficient funds before any transaction is made.
3. Can I use the Card like a credit card?
Yes, you may use the Card to make purchases at all VISA and Mastercard accepting merchants, online purchases and cash withdrawals. However, you can only spend the amount you have preloaded into the Card Account.
4. How is this prepaid card different from a credit or debit card?
The main difference is that this Card utilises the money that is preloaded into the Card Account. Whereas a credit card provides a Line Of Credit to be utilised upfront and payment is settled subsequently. As for a debit card, the funds are directly deducted from your bank account that the card is virtually linked to.
This prepaid card is similar to a prepaid mobile account; you are required to have credit in your phone account before any calls can be made. In this same manner, the Card can only be used when there is sufficient credit.
5. What are the benefits of having the Card?
You won’t go into debt because you are spending within your means;
You will enjoy the convenience and security of not carrying large amounts of cash;
Convenience in making payments for goods or services worldwide at over 24 million merchant outlets that carry the VISA/Mastercard logo;
- Cash withdrawal from VISA or Mastercard enabled network ATMs; and
- As a VISA/Mastercard cardmember, you will enjoy discounts at various VISA/Mastercard accepting merchants worldwide. For more information, visit www.visa.com.my/pay-with-visa/local-offers.html or www1.mastercard.com/content/moments/index.html respectively.
6. How can I obtain my online portal account?
Step 1 : Proceed to www.finexuscards.com.
Step 2 : Click on the ‘SIGNUP’ tab on the Home Screen and it will guide you accordingly.
Note: Please ensure the ‘User ID’ is the same email address as registered in your card application form.
7. What do I need to do before I can use my Card?
Please proceed to our Reload Channels to load funds into your Card Account.
Please sign on the signature panel at the back of your card upon activation before carrying out any transactions.
8. Are there any types of transactions I should notify you before transacting?
Yes, there are. You must explicitly provide us your consent to transact overseas and card-not-present transactions (i.e. good/services paid and/or delivered via telephone, mail, fax or internet (including mobile apps) and/or recurring payments).
To provide your consent, please:
- Call us; or
- Download and complete the ‘Opt-In/Opt-Out Request Form’ from our website, then email/fax it back to us.
Once we have received and updated your consent in our records, you can use the Card for purchases at any VISA/Mastercard accepting merchants and you may withdraw cash at any VISA/Mastercard enabled ATMs worldwide. This is subject to the availability of funds in your Card Account. *Fees and charges will be imposed accordingly.
To avoid any inconvenience, please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before usage. For security reasons, it is advisable that you notify us on your travelling plans in advance by calling us or email to us at email@example.com.
9. Are there any special types of transactions and/or limits I should know about before I use the Card?
Yes, there are. There are some types of transaction whereby the merchant will ‘hold’ your funds for a short period of time, like a refundable deposit. Therefore, the withheld amount will not be available until the merchant ‘releases’ it. Please be mindful of the following types of transactions and also ensure you have sufficient funds in your Card Account:
Petrol Stations – When you pay at the pump, the merchant will reserve RM200.00 in your Card Account. The unutilised funds will be released within three (3) business days back into your Card Account. If you wish to avoid this, it is best to proceed to the cashier's counter and pay the exact amount with the Card.
Hotels – Most hotels will ask for a ‘deposit’ upon your check-in with a payment card. Do ask them how much they plan to take as a ‘deposit’. This amount will be put on 'hold'. The merchant will ‘release’ the funds after you check out, but sometimes it may take a few days.
Recurring Payment – If you sign up for this, please ensure you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before schedules payment date.
For cash withdrawal, the daily limit is RM2,990.00, subject to the ATM's notes disbursement capabilities.
Otherwise, you can spend the amount that is preloaded in your Card Account. However, your maximum Card Account limit at any one time is RM10,000.00. However, if you intend to make a large purchase with the Card, it is strongly recommended to call or email us prior to making the purchase to avoid any inconveniences.
10. What happens if I have insufficient funds for my current payment?
- The current payment request will be declined.
11. How do I prevent my Card from unauthorized usage?
Protect your Card as if it is CASH! It is very important to keep your card, card number, PIN and password from being misused or being used to commit fraud. These are some precautions:
- You must change or select your preferred PIN before using your card. Ensure your PIN is not easy to guess by avoiding numbers that can be associated with you such as:
- Birth dates, months or years in any form or combination;
- Sequential number (as such 456789) and easily identifiable number combinations (as such 111111);
- Other easily accessible personal numbers such as telephone numbers, driving license, identity card number or other personal data.
- Sign the card as soon as it is received;
- Do not allow anyone else to have or use the card;
- Do not keep a written record of your PIN;
- Do not allow another person to see your PIN when you enter it or if it is displayed;
- Do not disclose your PIN to any other person;
- Regularly check that you still have your card;
- Notify us immediately if you become aware that your card has been compromised; and
- Change your PIN immediately if you become aware that your PIN has become known to someone else.
- You must change or select your preferred PIN before using your card. Ensure your PIN is not easy to guess by avoiding numbers that can be associated with you such as:
12. Where can I check my current Card Account Balance availability?
You have 3 avenues to obtain your latest Card Account availability:
- With your Malaysian mobile number registered with us, you may SMS to ‘63660’. SMS message: <FINEXUS>space<BE>space<last 6-digits of your Card number>; or
- Login to your Online Portal account via our website and click on the ‘Card Account Balance’ tab; or
- Call us. After business hours, our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) will guide you accordingly.
13. What will happen if my Card Account balance has insufficient funds for fee deduction(s)?
If the Card Account has insufficient funds, the outstanding fee(s) is accumulated and immediately deducted once the Card Account is reloaded. For more details, please refer to the Card Agreement.
14. How do I keep track of my spending?
Your statement of account history is made available when you login to your Online Portal account via our website. You can view and/or download your monthly statements for the previous six (6) months.
You may request for a *hardcopy statement for up to seven (7) years by calling us. *Fees are imposed and will be debited from your Card Account.
15. Can I request a hardcopy of my current month's statement before the statement date?
We regret that you may not. However, you may view your recent transactions online.
16. I have changed my contact detail(s). Should I inform you?
Yes, please. You may:
- Call us; and
- Write to us; or
- Download and complete the “Service Request Form” from our website, then email/fax it back to us.
It is important that you inform us of any changes in your contact details to ensure that all correspondences reach you in a timely manner.
17. Do I have to pay any government-related tax every year?
No. Any government-related tax is not applicable for a Prepaid Card.
18. Can I use Easy Payment Plan (EPP) facility for purchases with my FINEXUS Prepaid Card?
No, the EPP is not available for this Card.
19. Can I apply for a supplementary Card?
- We regret that supplementary cards are not available for this Prepaid Card.
20. Does my Card have an expiry date?
Yes, it is printed on your Card.
21. What will happen if my Card is inactive?
Should your Card Account have zero balance for three (3) consecutive months, your Card will be automatically terminated.
1. What are the key requirements, terms and conditions to apply for the Card?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Full payment of Joining Fee is applicable.
- Applicants must have a valid email address.
- Applicants must provide a valid residential and mailing address in Malaysia (P.O. Box is not accepted with the exception of Sabah).
- Applicants must submit a valid copy of a government issued identification document (NRIC, Passport, etc.).
- For non-Malaysians:
- Applicants must provide their valid residential address in their home country detailed only in alpha-numeric characters; and
- A copy of valid/recent Visa entry documents or proof of entry by the Malaysian Authorities.
- Applicants must have a Malaysian mobile number to obtain the Card Account balance via Short Messaging Service (SMS).
- No income documents is required.
- Funds must be preloaded into the Card prior to usage.
- The maximum Card Account limit is RM10,000.00 at any one time.
2. How do I apply for the Card?
You can apply for the Card online here (please follow the instructions accordingly) or contact any of our Program Partners.
For bulk purchases, please feel free to contact any of our Program Partners directly.
3. Why do I need a Malaysian mobile number and mailing address?
A Malaysian mobile number will enable you to check your Card Account balance via Short Messaging Service (SMS).
All correspondence from us will be mailed to your last-known Malaysian mailing address only.
4. How do I submit my physical application?
- You may submit the completed application form by:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Fax; or
5. How soon can I get my Card?
- The Welcome Pack will be delivered to the registered Malaysian address within fourteen (14) business days upon approval, subject to the submission of supporting documents (if any) and Joining Fee payment.
- 6. What if I don’t fulfill the terms and conditions?
- Any of the following may occur:
- Your application will be rejected.
- You are unable to obtain the full card services provided by us.
1. Why do I need to load the Card?
This is a Prepaid Card and it works like any other prepaid cards (e.g. mobile prepaid cards), you must first load the funds into your Card Account before use. Once funds are loaded, you can use it at any location that displays the Visa/Mastercard logo worldwide.
2. Where and how much can I reload into my Card Account?
Subject to a total Card Account limit of *RM10,000.00, you can reload at the following channels:
Reload Channels *Amount Reload Reflected Finexus Cards' Reload Agent Any amount Within 30 mins ^FPX Any amount CIMB Bank Berhad #CIMB Clicks & ATMs Minimum RM1.00 Within 24 hours Cash Deposit Machines (CDMs) Minimum RM10.00
^For FPX: You must have a bank account and its online access facility with any one of the following banks: CIMB, Bank Isam, PBB, RHB, HLB, AmBank, UOB, Bank Rakyat, Bank Muamalat, Affin, Alliance, Maybank, OCBC, SCB, BSN and Kuwait Finance House (for more information and the latest participating entities, please refer to: https://www.paynet.my/fpx/banks-tpa.html)
#For CIMB Clicks and ATMs; you must have a bank account at CIMB and/or with their online banking access.
3. How do I reload my Card using FPX online banking transfer?
To use this reload method, you must have a bank account and its online banking facility with any one of the banks listed below. You will be charged RM0.70 for each successful transaction by your bank.
- Affin Bank / Affin Islamic
- Alliance Bank / Alliance Islamic Bank
- AmBank/AmBank Islamic
- Bank Muamalat
- Bank Rakyat (not available for Corporate)
- CIMB Bank/CIMB Islamic
- Deutsche Bank (not available for Retail)
- Hong Leong Bank/Hong Leong Islamic Bank
- HSBC/ HSBC Amanah (not available for Retail)
- Kuwait Finance House
- Maybank/Maybank Islamic
- OCBC Bank
- Public Bank/Public Islamic Bank
- RHB Bank/RHB Islamic Bank
- Standard Chartered/Standard Chartered Saadiq
(For more information and the latest participating entities, please refer to: http://www.myclear.org.my/fpx/banks-tpa.html).a) Login at www.finexuscards.com
b) Ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled
c) Select 'Reload Card'
d) Click on the 'FPX' icon
e) Enter your Reload amount
f) Re-confirm the reload amount
g) You will be transferred to the FPX platform
h) Select your bank and complete the verification process
IMPORTANT: To ensure funds are reflected in your Card Account, kindly ensure you select the ‘Click Here to Complete Your Transaction’ button on the FPX screen.
4. How do I reload my Card using CIMB Clicks?
To use this payment method, you must have a bank account with CIMB Bank and access to its online banking facilities. You will be charged RM1.00 for each successful transaction.
- Login to ‘www.cimbclicks.com.my’;
- Select ‘Pay & Transfer’ then 'Pay Bills' option;
- Then select 'FINEXUS/MAA Cards – Card Reload’ option;
- Key in the requested details shown on the screen;
- Click ‘Proceed to Payment’;
- Key in TAC (Transaction Authorisation Code);
- Print out acknowledgement page with details of the complete transaction.
Please key in '022′ code for Finexus Cards/MAA Cards.
5. How do I reload my Card using the ATM at CIMB?
To use this payment method, you must have an ATM card with CIMB Bank. You will be charged RM1.00 for each successful transaction.
- Insert your ATM card and enter your ATM PIN number;
- In the menu, select ‘OTHERS’ and choose 'BILL PAYMENT’ followed by 'OPEN BILL PAYMENT’;
- Please key in '022′ code for Finexus Cards/MAA Cards;
- Enter your 16-digit Finexus Card number and your mobile number;
- Key in your reload amount and select the bank account you wish to transfer funds from;
- You will then see the confirmation screen. Please follow the instructions and your reload will be confirmed.
- To ease subsequent reloads, please save your Finexus Prepaid Card under ’Registered Bills’ list. The next time can select just ’Registered Bills’ instead of ‘Open Bill Payment’. Your card number is saved in the system as a Registered Bill payment.
6. How do I reload my Card using CDM at CIMB?
You will be charged RM1.00 for each successful transaction.
Reload via CDM WITH CIMB’s ATM card
Please follow these steps:
- Insert your ATM card and select your preferred language;
- Please select Type of Transaction and select 'BILL PAYMENT’. Choose 'OPEN BILL PAYMENT’;
- Please Key in '022′ code for Finexus Cards/MAA Cards;
- Enter your 16-digit Finexus card number and your mobile number;
- Please follow instructions and reload will be confirmed.
- To ease subsequent reloads, please register your Finexus VISA Prepaid Card under ‘Preferred Bills’ list. The next time you can just select 'Preferred Bills’ instead of 'Open Bill Payment’. Your card number is saved in the system as a Registered Bill payment.
Reload via CDM WITHOUT CIMB’s ATM card
Please follow these steps:
- Please DO NOT insert your Card into the machine;
- Please press any key on the CDM or touch the screen to proceed;
- Select your language;
- Choose 'BILL PAYMENT’ option;
- Please key in '022 ’ code for Finexus Cards/MAA Cards;
- Enter your 16-digit Finexus card number;
- Enter your mobile number (twice);
- View to confirm the details on the screen;
- Insert your cash into the slot;
- Confirm the number of notes and value deposited.
- Keep the confirmation slip for your record.
7. How do I reload my Card via ePay?
You will be charged RM2.00 for each successful transaction.
- Go to any selected e-pay outlets. These outlets are usually found at major convenience stores, retail outlets, pharmacies, petrol stations, electronic chain stores and independent retailers.
- Present your Card and state your reload amount.
- The retailer will verify your Card by swiping it on the E-Pay terminal and load the requested amount.
For a complete listing of ePay merchant enabled to reload your Card reload, please visit http://www.e-pay.com.my/locator.
1. How do I cancel my Card?
To initiate your request, you may:
- Call us for immediate cancellation; or
- Download and complete the “Service Request Form” from our website then email/fax it back to us.
2. What happens to my Card Account balance if I cancel my Card?
Once your Card has been cancelled, we will refund the balance (after the deduction of applicable fees and charges, if any) within thirty (30) business days from the date of request by way of a cheque and mailed to your last known address in Malaysia or any other means that we may make available from time to time. Note that you are still liable for all transactions that have been made with your Card prior to its termination date.
For foreigners not based in Malaysia or who will be returning to their home country, we will perform an international transfer to your home country’s bank account. Transfer Fees are chargeable and will be deducted from your Card Account (subject to total funds availability).
Our Call Centre Agent will contact you to advice on the Transfer Fee and obtain your consent before remitting.
If we are unable to reach you, the balance of funds from the cancelled card will be sent to the Registrar of Unclaimed Moneys under the provision of the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 (Act 370). For more details, please refer to the Card Agreement.
1. How do I get my replacement Card
To initiate your request, do call us for immediate cancellation of your previous Card. Download and complete the “Service Request Form” from our website then email/fax it back to us.
A replacement Card fee is chargeable. Any balance of funds in the Card Account (after the deduction of applicable fees and charges) will be transferred to the newly activated Card free of charge.
If initially you purchase your card from our Program partner, please contact them directly for a replacement card.
2. Can you deliver my replacement Card to an address other than my mailing address?
No, your replacement Card will be delivered to the latest registered Malaysia mailing address that you have provided to us at no additional cost to you.
The cost of postage for any request to have the Card delivered outside of Malaysia will be borne by you and deducted from your Card Account (subject to total funds availability). Our Call Centre Agent will contact you to advice on the charges and obtain your consent prior to initiating the card replacement process.
3. I have lost my Card. What should I do?
Please call us immediately to deactivate your Card Account. After business hours, our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) will guide and assist in blocking your Card Account immediately too.
1. My Card is about to expire, what should I do?
Prior to the expiration of your Card, you will need to purchase a new Card. To purchase a new card:
- Please login to your Online Portal account and click on the ‘Apply New Card’ tab;
- Fill it up and email it to email@example.com together with a valid copy of a government issued identification document;
- Pay the Joining Fee; and
- Click on ‘Application Status’ tab to upload your latest Identification documents, if any.
2. How soon can I get my new Card?
Your new Card will be delivered to the registered Malaysian mailing address (free of charge) within fourteen (14) business days upon approval, submission of supporting documents (if any) and Joining Fee payment.
If you require your Card to be mailed to an address outside of Malaysia, the postage cost will be borne by you and deducted from your Card Account (subject to total funds availability). Our Call Centre Agent will contact you to advice on the charges and obtain your consent prior to initiating the card application process.
3. What about my balance funds in my expiring Card?
After the activation of your new Card, the balance in your old Card will be transferred to the new Card.
4. Will my new Card carry the same card numbers as my previous Card?
Your new Card will have a different set of numbers. Therefore, please ensure you update the new card number at any merchant or website you have pre-registered your card for recurring payment (i.e PayPal, YES, etc).
5. I don’t want to purchase a new Card, what happens to my balance funds?
Upon your request, any balance funds (after deduction of any outstanding fees and charges) shall be refunded to you by way of cheque and mailed to your last known address in Malaysia or any other means that we may make available from time to time.
Alternatively, we may perform a local bank transfer to your bank account with a Malaysian bank. Do note that this bank account mist belong to you, solely or jointly.
For foreigners not based in Malaysia or who will be returning to their home country, we will perform an international transfer to your home country’s bank account. Transfer Fees are chargeable and will be deducted from your Card Account (subject to total funds availability). Our Call Centre Agent will contact you to advice on the Transfer Fee and obtain your consent before remitting. Please note that there are countries we are unable to remit funds to as per advisement by Bank Negara Malaysia.
If we are unable to reach you, the balance of funds will be sent to the Registrar of Unclaimed Moneys under the provision of the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 (Act 370). For more details, please refer to the Card Agreement.
Online Shopping Transactions
1. Can I use this Card to shop online?
Yes you can BUT you need to explicitly provide your consent by calling us or download and complete the "Opt-In/Opt-Out Request Form" from our website then email/fax it back to us.
2. How secure is it to shop online?
Our Card supports either with Verified by Visa (VbV) or Mastercard SecureCode services. These services provides a way to protect your Card usage on the internet. Both services introduces a One-Time PIN (OTP); which is protection during an online purchase to authenticate you. The OTP will be required whenever you use your Card to make online purchases at participating merchants.
With this authentication, it gives you more confidence in making secured purchases online. The goal of VbV or Mastercard SecureCode is to create the same trust and confidence amongst merchants and customers that exist in a face-to-face shopping environment.
Always shop at a website that subscribes to these service!
3. What is One Time PIN (OTP)?
One-Time PIN (OTP) is a numeric code that is only valid for a single transaction when you perform online payment transactions. The OTP is sent via SMS to your registered mobile phone number with us. This OTP is mandatory to enable you to validate and complete your online purchase.
4. What is an online shopping transaction with One-Time PIN (OTP) security feature?
The sending of an OTP is an online authentication service provided by us to give you an added security feature and peace of mind when conducting internet purchases at the 3D secured participating merchants’ website using your Card.
5. What is 3D secured?
3D secured is a service facilitated by VISA or Mastercard that lets you transact online securely using your Card. This service is available only at 3D secured merchant sites. It provides a standard and secure method of performing transactions over the internet by authenticating all parties involved, meaning the 3D secured participating merchants, Verified by Visa (VbV) or Mastercard Secure Code, and us.
6. How does online transaction with OTP security feature works?
It simplifies online shopping because you no longer have to memorise an online PIN. Instead, the OTP will be sent to your registered mobile phone number.
Step 1: Please ensure that your latest mobile phone number is registered with us.
Step 2: When shopping online, enter your Card’s particulars at the merchant’s website.
Step 3: You will be automatically redirected to our authentication page. An OTP will be sent via SMS to your registered mobile phone number.
Step 4: Enter the OTP at our authentication page and click “OK” to complete the authentication process.
7. Do I need to pay for the OTP I received on my SMS?
There are no charges imposed for this service.
8. How do I register my mobile phone number to receive OTP?
You need to provide your mobile phone number during card application. This is a mandatory data for a successful application. This registered mobile phone number will be defaulted to enable us to send the OTP-SMS accordingly.
9. How do I request for OTP?
You do not need to request for an OTP. When you are shopping online, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile phone number automatically during your check-out process. You will be asked to enter the OTP at our authentication page. Then, click “OK” to complete the authentication process.
10. If I did not receive my OTP within 1 minute, what should I do?
If you did not receive your OTP within 1 minute, you can request again for another OTP by clicking on the “Resend One-Time PIN” button. However, you can only request for a maximum of 3 times for each transaction. To continue, please click on the “Cancel” button to close the window and start with a new online transaction.
11. What happens if I have entered an invalid OTP up to 3 times?
A web message will pop up to inform that your Card is blocked from making any further online transaction due to maximum number of failed attempts. Please contact us to unblock this security service.
12. Would I be able to know whether my mobile phone number has been updated correctly?
Your registered mobile phone number will be displayed on our authentication page as “A One-Time PIN has been sent to your mobile number 6012-****888….” If the mobile number displayed on the screen differs, please contact us to update your mobile phone number.
13. Would I be able to continue shopping online after my mobile phone number has been updated successfully?
Yes. Once your mobile phone number is successfully updated, an OTP will be automatically sent to your new mobile phone number when you make your online purchases.
1. What is Contactless Payments?
Contactless Payments is a feature that lets you make small ticket-size purchases faster by tapping on a contactless card reader. With Visa payWave and Mastercard paypass, you simply tap your card in front of a secured reader at the sales counter, and you’re on your way. The card has an embedded chip, which contains a tiny antenna that securely transmits payment instructions to and from a secured reader
2. How to identify a Contactless Payments Card?
The Card enabled with this contactless payment technology features a distinctive contactless symbol on the card face. The contactless symbols are represented with either one of the following icons:or
3. What are the benefits?
Using a Contactless Payment card is a quicker and more convenient way to make purchases. You don’t have to sign a receipt or enter a PIN, just wave-and-go. It saves time on both sides during the checkout process – a shorter transaction time means you spend less time in queues. There’s no more fumbling for cash, counting change or worrying if you have enough cash in hand for the purchase. It is also a more secure way of paying because the card doesn’t leave your hand at checkout counter.
4. How do I use my Contactless Payments card?
Look out for a contactless card reader displaying the contactless symbol or at the point of sale. Once the cashier enters the purchase amount into the terminal, hold your card within 4cm of the secure contactless reader. Your transaction is confirmed when the green indicator lights up and you see a display message confirming that your transaction has been successful.
5. How close does the card need to be near the reader?
You should hold your contactless card within 4cm of the card reader.
6. Is there a limit on the value of goods you can purchase with Contactless Payments technology?
In Malaysia, you can use your contactless card for purchases of up to RM250 per transaction. No signature or PIN is required. This RM250 limit however is subject to change.
7. What happens if I try to purchase goods over the limit?
For purchases exceeding this amount, the retailer will process the transaction the usual way by inserting the card into an EMV-chip card payment terminal. You will then have to enter a PIN to complete the transaction.
8. Can I get a receipt after I make the payment?
Contactless card is designed to let you make a paperless wave-and-go payment, but you can request for a receipt if one is required.
9. Is there any chance that a payment amount may be deducted twice from my account?
No. Contactless card are designed to accept only one transaction per card at a time. As a safeguard, each transaction must be either completed or voided before another transaction can be processed.
10. Can I unknowingly make a purchase if I walk past the reader?
No. Contactless card is designed to ensure that the cardholder is always in control. The retailer must first have entered the purchase amount for approval and your card has to be held in very close proximity to the card reader (within 4 cm) in order for a transaction to be completed. Terminals can also only process one payment transaction at a time.
11. Is this technology secure?
The Contactless Payment platform is based on secure EMV chip technology, which provides both data protection and transaction security via the use of keys and the latest encryption technology. Contactless Payment transactions are processed through the same, reliable payment network as EMV chip and magnetic strip transactions.
12. Where can I make contactless payments?
You can make a contactless card transaction at retailers across the world. Look for the contactless symbol or on the card readers at the checkout counter.
PIN & Pay Transaction
1. What is a PIN?
A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a secret code selected by you to prove ownership of your card. PINs for Malaysian-Issued cards consist of six (6) digits.
2. What is a Chip and PIN Transaction?
Your Card is embedded with an EMV Chip and requires you entering a PIN to complete the purchase. This is aimed at preventing fraud and unauthorised usage if your card is lost or stolen. You are required to enter your 6-digit PIN to authorise payments at point-of-sales terminals instead of signing the sales receipt. This is why you must always keep your PIN secret. These features are mandated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
3. Why do I need a PIN?
You need a PIN for cash withdrawal at any Visa and/or Mastercard enabled ATMs worldwide and to complete a purchase at a point-of-sales terminal at the request of the merchant. The same PIN can be used for both cash withdrawals at ATMs and payments at point-of-sales terminals.
4. What are the benefits of a PIN?
With PIN-enabled technology, comes a new level of security and convenience. The benefits include:
- Tighter security as only you know your PIN to approve transactions using your card;
- Faster transaction as you do not need to sign the transaction slip;
- You have better control as you can choose/change your PIN at anytime, anywhere as long as you have internet access;
- You are protected from any fraudulent transaction should you lose your card or if your card is stolen.
5. How will I know when to use my PIN or my signature?
Before 1 July 2017, signature will still be allowed when using your Card while transacting at an attended POS terminal. The retailer can assist you to complete your transaction using signature. After 1 July 2017, you can only complete your payment transaction by entering your 6-digit PIN at the POS terminal in Malaysia. Remember to NEVER reveal your PIN to anybody regardless of who they may be.
6. What happens if I use my new PIN Card at a terminal not supporting PIN?
In this case, the terminal will process your new PIN Card without prompting for PIN and your signature will be needed for verification.
7. Do I need to use my PIN for online purchases, telephone and/or mail orders?
No. As you do not currently confirm these purchases with a signature, you do not need to use your PIN as confirmation.
8. What happens if I enter the wrong PIN?
You will have three (3) consecutive attempts to enter the PIN correctly. Upon failing all attempts, your card will be blocked. Please call us to unblock the Card.
9. What should I do if I forget my PIN?
Please login to your online portal account and click on the ‘Request PIN/Change PIN’ tab.
10. Can I change my PIN?
Yes, you can. Please login to your Online Portal account and click on the ‘Request PIN/Change PIN’ tab.
Ensure your PIN is not easy to guess by avoiding numbers that can be associated with you such as:
- Birth dates, months or years in any form or combination;
- Sequential number (as such 456789) and easily identifiable number combinations (as such 111111);
11. How can I change my PIN?
Please ensure you comply to the following requirements before proceeding:
- Ensure your pop-up blocker is DISABLED.
- Have an active email address.
- Have an active mobile number.
- Both email and mobile number MUST be registered with Finexus Cards.
- First-time user, please select the ‘SIGN UP’ tab first.
- Find the below step for changing your PIN:
- Login via www.finexuscards.com;
- Under the Account tab, click on ‘Request PIN / Change PIN’;
- Ensure the email address and mobile number are accurate as shown on the screen;
- Click ‘Submit’;
- Pop-up message will appear as confirmation. Click ‘OK’;
- You will receive an 8-digit PRN via SMS and an email with a hyperlink enclosed;
- In the email, click on the hyperlink;
- A new screen will launch titled ‘PIN Setup’;
In the PIN Setup screen:
i. Enter 8-digit PRN from SMS;
ii. Enter your preferred 6-digits PIN, twice;
iii. Enter verification code as shown in image;
iv. Click ‘Submit’;
- Click here for more details.
12. Do I need to enter my PIN for Visa payWave (contactless) transactions?
No, you need not. If your contactless card has a PIN, the terminal will prompt for PIN after your card is tapped on the contactless reader for transaction amounts above RM250. However, low-value contactless transactions do not require PIN or signature.
13. Do I need to enter a PIN whenever I use my Card in Malaysia?
No, not all transactions at point-of-sales terminals will require PIN:
- Low-value contactless transactions do not require PIN;
- Transactions performed at terminal not yet supporting PIN will still use signatures.
14. Will I be able to use my card outside of Malaysia?
Yes. However, PIN requirements vary between countries. Rather than entering your PIN, your signature may be required instead.
Other Avenues To Resolve Disputes
1. Where can I appeal if I am not satisfied with the outcome of my complaint or how it was handled?
You may refer all complains to the following bodies:
BNMLINK a complaint resolution arm of Bank Negara Malaysia.
Call BNMTELELINK at 1-300-88-5465 (LINK)(toll free number); or
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (LINK)
Tingkat Bawah, Blok D
Bank Negara Malaysia
P.O. Box 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Fax : 03-2174 1515
Website : http://www.bnm.gov.my/bnmlink
Ombudsman for Financial Services (formerly known as Financial Mediation Bureau) - an independent body set up to help settle disputes between financial service providers who are its member and the public. Call Ombudsman for Financial Services at 03-2272 2811; or
E-mail to email@example.com
Ombudsman Financial Services
Menara Takaful Malaysia
No.4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Fax : 03-2272 1577
Website : http://www.ofs.org.my